Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A new start

I'm starting this blog at an interesting place in life.  Most people start these things as they begin some huge project or after they overcome large obstacles to come out on top of the world.  But that is not where I'm starting this blog from.  I'm starting this blog from the bottom.  I'm starting this blog as I work through what may be some of the most hardest decisions of my life.  As I work through the depressing roller coaster of realizing the things I've wanted and dreamed of have been snatched away for now by one who doesn't have the emotional capacity to realize the destruction he wreaks on those around him. 

But I'm also starting this blog as I look down at the most beautiful baby in the world sleeping next to me (finally!!)  And I know as I look at her that I must heal myself and become healthy and happy again.  Because it is up to me to teach her to be happy and healthy.  Confidant and smart.  To know how she should be treated by people in her life.  It is up to me to make sure everyday she knows that she is loved and deserves only the best.  And it is up to me to teach her that there are some in this world that will do her harm if she allows it.

So today, I start this blog to help me heal.  To help me trust again.  To help me love and nurture my daughter.  To help me teach her to be the strong, independent, confidant woman that I used to be.  In this, I will not fail.   

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Love you, Sister. I'll be here along the way....

    ReplyDelete